There are various kind of infections which are there and each one has its own causes as well treatment. The largest organ of our body is the skin and its main function is to keep our body protected from the infection.
But many a time’s skin got affected with it and there are wide variety of germs which harm it. There are different types of germs which affect and its affect could be mild to serious.
Mild Skin Infection could be treated soon but for others it would take time.
Symptoms of Skin Infection
There are many symptoms which could occur in case of Skin Infection like itching, tenderness, pain, blisters and many others. But the most common symptoms are rashes and redness on skin. These infection could spread easily and not be beyond the control. It could also spread into the bloodstream from the skin and this could be life threatening. The sign of severe infections are blisters, breaking down of skin, pus, skin becomes discolored, pain, dark color skin and many others. If these kind of symptoms found then it should be immediately seen to a doctor.
Types and causes of Skin Infection
- Bacterial skin infection – It begin as smaller in size red bumps which gradually become bigger in size. There are some of the infections which are mild and could be treated with tropical or oral antibiotics. Various types of bacterial skin infections are –
Cause for occurrence of bacterial Skin Infection – It occurs when the bacteria enters the skin through a cut or scratch. But it does not mean on getting the cut, it will lead to infection but in case of weak immune system there are high chances of it.
- Viral Skin Infection – It is caused through virus. This infection could be from mild towards severe. There are various types of infections caused by virus are –
- Molluscum contagiosum
Causes for occurrence of viral Skin Infection – When the immune system of our body gets weak then the virus enters the body and causes infection. The most common type of skin viruses are herpes virus, poxvirus, and human papillomavirus.
- Fungal Skin Infection – In the damp area of the body there is an occurrence of fungus and it mostly occur in the area of feet as well as armpit. This infection is contagious and it could spread easily but it is not at all life threatening. There are different types of fungal infection –
- Oral thrush
- Nail fungus
- Athlete’s foot
- Yeast infection and many more
Causes for occurrence of fungal Skin Infection – It is grown in the area which is warm as well as moist environment. Wearing of long time wet clothes could result in the fungal infection. If any cut is there in that area then it could take the infection deeper into the body.
- Parasitic Skin Infection – These infection are caused by parasite. This infection could go deeper into the organs as well as blood but it is does not threaten to life. This causes great uncomfortableness to the skin and make it irritating. Various types of parasitic infection are –
- Cutaneous larva migrans
Causes for occurrence of parasitic Skin Infection – When the insects or parasites enter into the body and after that lay eggs deep into the skin could lead to parasitic infection.
Diagnosis and treatment
For diagnosis, medical examination should be there by the skin specialist. Doctors could identify the infection through appearance and where it is on location basis. Thereafter, treatment could be done basis on the diagnosis. Some types of infection could be treated within some time. For most of infection the treatment is done with the help of spray and cream. In case of severe infection, anti-biotics and other medicines are taken orally as well. This could be avoided only by taking proper care of oneself. During infection clothes should be washed in antiseptic also so that it would not spread.
There are different types of Skin Infection are there and it should be treated appropriately to get rid of at the earliest.